Monday, February 14, 2011

Dear Ma. Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele Letter No. 111

Anthony J. Curcio
Co. "A" A.S.T.U. 3920
U. of O. Eugene ORE

2/14/44
Letter No. 111
Rec'd --

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele,

It's Monday, Valentines Day, and time is certainly flying. I hope you all liked the valentines gifts.
Tiny and I had a pretty successful weekend. Tiny recovered from her sickness by Wed. and although she was a bit weak and tired she said she felt alright. By the end of the week she was fine. I also got rid of my cold. Well Sat. night there was a house dance at the sorority house but at the same time there was a dance at Gerlinger Hall and they were going to have a jitterbug contest. So we stayed at the house dance for awhile and then I told Tiny to put on a skirt and sweater on instead of the silk dress she had on and we went over to the dance. We got in the jitterbug contest and there were only two couples left on the floor. So as soon as the dance was over I went over to the judge and said that the other couple should have the first prize. We could have gotten first prize tho but the judge was a captain from our unit and the other couple was civilians so I thought it best that way. There wasn't any prize anyway. Tiny is pretty good as she wasn't a jitterbug until I made her one for she just knows the steps I taught her. And she's so light I can swing her all over the place. On Sunday she was very tired and a bit sore. But it was a lot of fun. We also got our picture taken at the house dance, as soon as I get it I will send it home.
On Sunday we went to 9:30 mass as usual. In the afternoon we took pictures but we couldn't finish because it started to rain cats & dogs. I hope they turn out tho because the sun wasn't so bright. You know, it doesn't shine much around here. Then we went into the museum on campus. It was nice but I don't like museums so much. Then we listened to some records (not swing) we were so tired we thought we would just sit there and listen to symphony records.
I received the pictures and package. The pictures are swell. Tiny liked them an awful lot too. The package was swell too. You can thank grandma anyway for the cherries ma. OK. Thanks for the letter, Bob. It's good to hear from you.
Those pictures really are swell. Everybody looks so healthy and happy. I'm so glad. And the little pooch is O.K. I hope you keep him ma?
I got quite a kick out of Clinton coming up to see Ele. That's really sharp.
I thought that poem was pretty cute. I'll close now wishing you all the best of health and hope you all are very happy.
Your Loving Soldier Boy,
Tony

No comments: