Monday, June 28, 2010

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele Letter No. 56

Pvt. Anthony J. Curcio
1875 Avn. En. Bn. C. H & S
McChord Field, Wash.

Date 6/28/43
Letter No. 56
Rec'd 88-89 & 90

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele,

Hello everybody! I hope everybody is fine. I am felling swell. I weighed myself yesterday at Peggy's house and I weigh 163. My shirt & pants probably don't weigh much but the G.I. shoes may weigh some. Oh, shucks, I had my civilian shoes on so that's all the more weight I picked up then.
I am still doing the same routine surveying on the road job. But I believe the first of the month we will start training again.
Wed. nite I went to the U.S.O. dance. It wasn't bad.
I also received a letter from Elfreida Wed. & she told me she was planning on getting married to that other fellow this fall. I felt a bit downhearted at first but I am just the same now as I was before. I guess it's for the best.
Sat. (26) nite I got a pass & went to the U.S.O. dance with Peggy. We had a grand time. And yesterday I went over to her house after church (that's when I weighed myself) and we had something to eat & then we went to the park to get some sunshine & fresh air. At night we went to a dance at Spanaway Lake. They have a nice dance hall there. Then we came home. We had a swell time.
Next week and if things are ok we will go swimming at Spanaway Lake & then go dancing. She said she will bring the lunch. We will take pictures too. Ok?
Boy what letters I have to write. I don't know who to answer first & where to start. But I eventually will answer them all.
I got a letter from Joe D'Angelo and I believe he feels a bit discouraged but he has a lot of spirit and I'm sure he will make out OK. He thanked you for your card. He said he would write you. He writes he misses me an awful lot, especially after he got a package from his father. He's a swell kid.
Thanks for your swell cards ma. They make me feel swell.
Thank Bobby for her letter. The only thing is, I wish I could answer them. I hope my 3 little sisters aren't disappointed.
So I think I will close now and I'll try to write sonner next time.
So until then I remain
Your Loving Soldier Boy,
Tony

No comments: