Saturday, September 7, 2013

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele

Sept. 7/1944
Thursday

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele,

I am at the U.S.O. in Los Angeles and have a few hours before the bus leaves back to camp.  I actually got my 3 day pass so I went to Long Beach (about 20 minutes from here).  I got down there about 8 o'clock Tues night and went to one of the dances & guess who I met.  Remember the record I sent home I mentioned going to a dance with Betty [?]?  Well she was there and we certainly wore ourselves out jitterbugging.  We had a good time.  I certainly slept well after that workout at the American Legion Dormitory.  I got up pretty late also on Wed. morning.  I wanted to go swimming in the afternoon but it was just a little bit too cold for swimming.  So I went to a show.  I saw two old pictures "Across the Pacific" and some other picture as I seen all the others they had back at camp.  
At night I went to the U.S.O. dance and had a swell time.  I slept at the same dormitory last night also.  Then as soon as I got up this morning I came right to Los Angeles.  After eating (hotcakes) I went to the show again and saw "Going My Way" with Bing Crosby and boy was it good.  I really enjoyed it an awful lot.
Boy it's sweltering here in the city.  It's really hot and the sun is shining brightly.  How is the weather in N.Y.?
I feel a bit lonely being I am all alone.  I usually come down with someone of the boys.  But only a few left and I didn't know them too well.
I'll close now hoping everybody is in the best of health.  Will write soon again.

Your Loving Soldier Boy
Tony

P.S.  I sent a package with a few letters and my ring etc.  Just a few odds & ends. T    




No comments: